I’ve been complaining about this gnawing pain on my right shoulder blade, and many have said it could be because of the daily 4-hour mouse-ing I do on the computer while we work. Which is probably true, because the pain is most intense around 2 or 3 hours into the show. I’ve tried getting massages, to get rid of the “lamig’, and my barber did say it’s like I have knots the size of golf balls on the right side of my back. So finally I decided to have it checked by my nephew JC who’s an acupuncturist. He’s an MD, but he also does acupuncture, so he’s got the best of both worlds. He said it is most likely the strain my laptop is causing, and that if unchecked, the damage will spread to other parts of the arm system. So he put needles all around the shoulder blade, then he attached some wires to the needles which carried an electric current. I didn’t feel an electric shock, it was more like pulses, which made my muscles twitch, like a reflex. It was an odd feeling, but not painful, just new. After the acupuncture, he also did some ventosa on me, which is basically glass cups that act like suctions, which alleviate pain and remove toxins in the body. As you can see in the picture above, the marks on my back were where the glass cups were. The darker the marks, the more toxins were removed. The marks disappear after a couple of days. It was quite an experience, but I must say, it really helped ease a lot of the pain, actually more like intense “ngawit”. I did this in the afternoon yesterday, and since then I haven’t had the pain back. I shouldn’t have waited for a couple of weeks to get treated, it wouldn’t have gotten this bad if I got needled at the start of the pain.
Anyway, I just thought I’d blog about the experience because it might help out some of you who might be having some problems with your back, muscles, sports injuries, and actually any other medical problems. My nephew’s pretty good at what he does, and I’m not saying that just because I’m related to him. In case you want to try acupuncture or ventosa, you can set an appointment with him, his name is Dr. JC Aniban, you call him up at 0917-8224015.
Thanks to @glenncenabre on Twitter for sending me the link to a video showing a man training his Toy Poodle (named sushi) to sit up, and hitting him CRUELLY over and over again. To be honest, I couldn’t sit through the video after just a few seconds of seeing the abuse. I just can’t stomach how some people can be so heartless to another living being. I don’t want anyone to hurt these people, because violence has never been the antidote to violence. The last thing we need is mob mentality to dilute the more important issues. But there are laws on animal abuse, and I want these people to take responsibility for their actions. Civilized society should not tolerate such barbaric behavior towards animals. For me, the most urgent things at this point is to get Sushi away from these people and put him in a safe, animal-friendly home. Sometimes we need to show people that there are limits to what we can do to our companion animals. I’m still pretty much shaken up by what little I saw of the video. And having a poodle myself, I was shaken to the core. Horrible.
Here’s the full video in case you have the stomach for it:
Since I posted an entry yesterday about my Everyday Project, where I will document my face for 365 days to see how I age in year’s time, it reminded me of two SPECTACULAR photo series, by visionary photographers Irina Werning and Tom Hussey.
Irina Werning has an ongoing series called Back To The Future, where she tried to re-create, as close to the original as possible, people’s baby pictures, but this time using their adult selves. The relults were nothing short of AMAZING:
(Phtotographs © Irina Werning)
To see the rest of Irina Werning’s incredible photos, check out her website HERE.
Another similar project is by photographer Tom Hussey, who paired images of elderly people, looking into a mirror and seeing their younger selves. The photos are equally stunning, and looking at them invokes a certain melancholic nostalgia:
(Photos © Tom Hussey)
To check out the rest of Tom Hussey’s photos, click HERE.
I wish I could have something like that, either to recreate an old baby picture of mine or to show me looking at a younger version of me in the mirror. I just hope I age gracefully, and not ending up like the Duchess of Alba, who didn’t exactly do that. She became an internet sensation because of the hot mess she’s become:
A collaboration of William Wilkinson, Oliver White, Noah Kalina, and Adam Lisagor. Inspired by Noah Kalina’s Everyday project , this app reminds you to take a picture of yourself, every day and make a movie of your face. The app was created by U.S. photographer Noah Kalina, who stuck with the project for six years and clocked 2,190 images of himself getting older. He then made a six-minute film splicing the pictures together. It has now had nearly 19 million views on YouTube. So whether you had a bad day, or had your facial warts cauterized, or gained weight or lost weight, puffy-eyed from crying all night or blooming because you’re in love, it will all be documented because you’re prompted to take a photo of yourself every single day to make an album of you ageing. The app helps you orient your face the same way every day by creating a template for your face based on the first photo you take. So as the months roll by, you can turn all your photos into a film (the app will automatically do that for you).
As for me, I started the project yesterday, so now I have a whopping 2 pictures of my face. The more the photos, the more interesting the movie. My main target is to reach 365 days, a whole year’s worth of evolution. Then I hope to post it on YouTube or something. I guess it would be more interesting for girls, who go through so many haircuts (some unfortunate) throughout a year’s time, but it’s all good. I’d love to see how much I actually age in a year’s time. I’ll try to cheat and moisturize heavily, but I can defy time only so much. So, April 6 2012, I’ll be posting the results of my 1-year Everyday Project!
Here’s Noah’s video of 6 year’s worth of photos (he did his manually, no app to help him out).
Here’s my Day 1 photo:
Again, I need to post this now because if I post this in 2012, most of these blind items will be irrelevant. Of course it goes without saying that you have to take these blind items with a grain of salt. Some of these will be true, many will NOT be true, while others will be a VERSION of the truth. So treat these as pure gossip, even if people swear by its veracity. Plus, we’re not showbiz insiders like other blind item gurus like Ricky Lo or Ogie Diaz, so we wouldn’t really know.
April 5, 2011 → The Top Ten Blind Items – Suggested by Coach Edrick
- Joti – Sino itong celebrity endorser ng gatas, na habang nasa event nitong milk product, pinahakot sa yaya niya ang lahat ng gatas na naka-display. Ang hindi nya alam, display lang talaga ang mga gatas na nandun at walang mga laman.
- Mambo Loa – Which gay TV host was admitted in a famous hospital, and when he saw the huge bill, he threw his credit card at the hospital cashier while shouting expletives.
- TYDY – Sino itong gay news correspondent na pag nagpapa-extra service sa masahista, ay pinapasigaw ang pangalan niya ng paulit-ulit habang ginagawa ang service?
- No name – Which gay talk show host/celeb asked 2 goodlooking showroom sales guys 2 install an expensive appliance he bought? It was against company policy pero mapilit. Since di naman expert o electrician ang 2 guys, nasunog ang ceiling niya. Balita ko pinahubad pa daw ng shirt nila sa loob ng condo mala porno.
- No name – Sino itong pinoy superhero na minsan mag-check-in sa hotel namin, feeling VIP na inutusan ang mga alalay niya na paalisin ang mga tao sa lobby kasi dadaan siya. Kapal ng mukha!
- Mr. Miser – Sino itong hunk-actor na nagbigay lang ng 200 pesos nung nag-caroling sa kanya last xmas ang isang malaking village association? (initials, D.O.)
- Sevee – There’s this one bitch female celeb who made a scene during the funeral of one of my lesbian cousin’s friend. Apparently, this celeb liked my cousin and was jealous that my cousin was with a different girl during the funeral. She was outside the venue all night shouting & making a commotion.
- Loi Pogi and Joti – Popular actress had a one-night stand with an alleged gambling lord. She got paid 300K. Husband is an actor.
- Iggypedia – Who knew that the diva on stage is also a diva in real life? Clue: Arid Desert.
- Kirky Mommy – Spotted at a local Filipino eatery in O.C. sporting a caregiver uniform, a former multi-awarded actor who has since been separated/annulled from wife-actress. His sexuality is rumored to be the reason of the separation. He was seen hanging out and is good friends with a gay performer at a local comedy bar here in OC. CLUE: M.D.
- Cheyenne – Who is this almost has-been, US-based Pinay actress/singer who charges fans of $20 every time they want to take a picture with her?
- Joti – Sino itong popular actress na sumakay sa isang airline at dumeretso sa business class at umupo. Nang hingin na ng FA ang boarding pass, di nya pinansin. Kinulit pa rin sya ng FA at pilit na hinihingi ang boarding pass niya. Ang ginawa nitong celeb, lumipat ng upuan, pero sinundan ulit sya ng FA. Kinausap niya yung FA: “hindi mo ba ako kilala?” Sabi ng FA: “sorry, sino po ba sila?” Sa galit ng celeb tumayo ito ng upuan at pumunta sa upuan niya sa economy.
- Mr. Miser – Sino itong former child star na nagpapamudmod ng sangkatutak na toyo as his so called ”bonggang-bonggang gifts” to his peers? (initials, N.M.)
- Chiloz – Sino itong elder actor/host na nagtago sa basurahan hanggang madaling-araw habang ni-raid ng mga police ang isang massage parlor?
- Joti – Sino itong sexy showbiz/sports reporter na naka one night stand ni Craig David? Ang swerte ng hitad!
- Mister Miser – Who is this gay TV host who made a freudian slip, on his own show, on his recent preference to men who have very thick pubes? (initials, H.M.)
- Camilo – Who’s this famous star who bought her famous daughter’s scandal CD with a doc for 10 million para di kumalat?
- Stanzke – Really famous vocalist na ang trip niya, dapat naked siya when recording a song and lights off sa recording studio.
- No name – From a disbanded sexy male group, this guy ended up as a high class masahista with extra service. I heard his TF is 5k up.
- Loi Pogi – Mr. politician gave bombshell a house in the US. Last year, he wanted out of the affair. So bombshell immediately went to the US & sold the house.
- Loi Pogi – Gay elder TV host’s kept boy is barely legal: 17 years old! TV host shoulder’s the hospitalization of boylet’s cancer-stricken mom.
- Cappuccino – Who is this wholesome young actor from a prominent showbiz clan who had a 1-night stand w/ a Chinese businessman in HK? He allegedly gave a Pinoy bellboy $100 to be mum about it. He shares initials with a popular appliance brand.
- Loi Pogi – Former teen actor turned sexy actor underwent a penile enlargement procedure para impressive kapag naka-trunks. Clue: Puerto Rico
- Loi Pogi – Broadcaster/anchor was fired by network because he took home a GRO nabbed in a raid at a brothel. Clue: Aurora Borealis
- Chez Kitron – Saturna and Steroid Hunk as FUBU.
- Blake – Cougar love affair: Lady news anchor, separated from her hubby, had an affair with younger newsman who was married at that time. The guy left his wife and the two moved in together. Lady is still in the network. Guy resigned to fill up a position outside of their industry. Clue: C & R.
- No name – Sino itong actor/noontime show host who gave one of my hunky friends a “job” in a party in San Francisco. My said he deserved an award for a “job” well done.
- Mr. Miser – Sino itong model-turned-actor na nagbuyangyang ng kanyang sarili sa harap ng isang gay director, para lang makuha ang malaking role sa isang upcoming telenovela? He’s an ex of a famous actress who is also known for a bunch of telenovelas she previously starred on. (initials, E.V.)
- Maude – Sino itong famous actor na 13 months ng hindi bayad ng Homeowners Association Dues. He told our office to give him his SOA, but until now, no payment. Clue: ex-bf ng isang actress na Feb 14 ang birthday *not Kris Aquino*
- TYDY -Sino itong female celebrity who became famous sa isang video scandal na pag may nagpapa-picture sa kanya, tinatanong muna niya kung saan show siya napanood.
- Spongebob – Sino itong isang hunky actor na sobrang baho ng hininga? Tuwing makakasabay niya sa service ang isang group of female celebs, the girls say: “sino ba yung nakatapak ng tae?” Clue: Male celeb’s initials are JC.
- Bards – Sino itong top male government official na nagregalo ng yellow Porsche sa isang very famous hunk actor?
- Chez Kitron – ED and BJ having “S” every other night at common friend’s condo unit.
- Chez Kitron – Si JR daw, “sobrang baho ng paa” na nag-aalisan ang mga PA sa dressing room pag nagtatanggal ng sapatos.
- Powie17 – Sino itong singer/actress na sa sobrang kakuriputan, nanghihingi tuloy ng food yung mga katulong niya sa kapitbahay kasi kulang yung iniwan niyang pera bago siya umalis para mag-concert sa US?
- Marga – Who is this guy who hosts a sports-oriented show who had a relationship with his partner but also has relationships with other men?
- Datu Nooh Jainal – Famous celebrity of a noon time show (JP) was caught “servicing” a member of a boy group who became famous because of a TV commercial (JH). They were caught in a dressing room in a big network.
- No name – Hot Ex used to be one of the hottest stars in one channel, sought psychological help as a sexaddict. She transferred to rival channel after break-up with Jolly Roger. She’s now with Dive Master.
- Loi Pogi – Famous cager bago naging asawa ng famous actress, naging “special” muna sa isang kilalang gay comedian. Comedian: 1+12+12+1+14.
- Sgt. Patatas – Sino itong young actress na binuking si ka-loveteam young actor na gay siya. Kasi after an interview, she told the actor: “Tara na, bakla…”
- Sgt. Patatas – Sino itong gay host na kaya lumipat ng station kasi naagawan ng boylet ni other gay host?
- Mr. Mon – Sino itong lead vocalist ng dating band na nakitang may hinahabol na guwapong guy habang umiiyak? Clue: may kapatid siyang VJ.
- Gracia – Male celebrity. Na-chismis na pumapatol sa bading. Mega deny, quoted “hindi ko kelangan pumatol sa bakla”. Napahiya ang rich gay sa mga gay friends na pinag-kiss and tell-an niya. So gay guy called the male celeb using a speaker phone — male celeb: “I miss you” (he needs anda: ang datung) rich gay: “Sige, punta ka sa house.” After talking, the gays in chorus shouted: “CONFEERMED!!!” Clue: L.A.
ADDENDUM: Hehehe, I hope you guys don’t mind, I wouldn’t include comments that give actual names of celebrities. Or I’d edit some comments to remove actual names. In Tagalog, “ibalato niyo nalang sa kin”, just to keep the blind items “blind”. Okay? I hope you guys don’t mind, and I hope you understand, thanks!
We had the kick-off party for the RX Summer Fling with a pool party at Liquid Bar over at Manila Ocean Park! It was a trippy place, a bar that had a big pool, and a 2nd jacuzzi-ish pool.
Drinks were floated in the pools, so if you wanted the free beer, you had to wade into the pool to get them. A novel way to get the guests to get wet!
So the night started out pretty tame, with our 4 awesome hosts for the night opening the show, Cerah and her 3 henchmen, Tom, Rico and Gino.
Of course the rest of us jocks just enjoyed the food and drinks.
Of course, what’s an RX Summer Fling without the beats of DJ McCoy?
It wasn’t long before our hosts and our guests got into the water…
As the night wore on, the party got wilder and hotter!
And the night was capped off by a game that could only be described as hella hot! All I’ll reveal is that in involved couples inside sarongs. Nuff said!
RX will be bringing the Summer Flings all over the country, so we hope you guys can join us!
Some people dedicate their lives not so much as attaining eternal bliss inside the pearly gates of heaven, but more of avoiding eternal torment in the fiery depths of hell. While others don’t even believe in the concept of heaven and hell. Don’t even ask me my opinion on this, because it’s probably a whole new post in itself.
November 6, 2009 → The Top Ten Quotes On Heaven And Hell
- Parents ni Gael – Eternity is your choice: Smoking or Non-smoking.
- RedMiniCooper30 and Blutots – JohnMilton: The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven.
- Hannah Banana – Ralph Waldo Emerson: To different minds, the same world is a hell, and a heaven.
- Hannah Banana – Oscar Wilde: We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.
- Colonel Pogi – Long is the way and hard, that out of hell leads up to light.
- Eien17 and Abernathy – Mark Twain: Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
- Vampire Girl – The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
- Colonel Pogi – There is a way to Hell, even from the gates of Heaven.
- Eien17 – Emily Dickenson: Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need of hell.
- Dolly’s Big Baby – The Devil’s greatest work is to convince people that Hell doesn’t exist.
- Mommy Kresha – The pleasure of the deed is heaven, but the delivery pains is hell.
- Cherry The Great – William Shakespeare in The Tempest: Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
- Raymond – From Milton’s Paradise Lost, Lucifer said: “Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.”
- RCnCess – Woody Allen: Heaven is oftentimes the first ride out of your in-laws’ house.
- Benj Jackson – If I believe in Heaven, and there is no Heaven, I lose nothing. But if I don’t believe in Heaven and there is a Heaven, I lose everything.
- Prada – I got to Heaven, but I had to go through Hell to get there.
- Dave Jesus – Man of La Mancha: To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause!
- Baby Tajjie – Please a woman and she’ll give you the pleasures of heaven. Do a woman wrong and she will turn your life into a living hell.
- Porky – Good girls go to Heaven, bad girls go to Amsterdam.
- Reichen – STD: One night in heaven, and you get an itch that burns like hell.
- Gab – The things that feel like heaven are the things that will lead you to hell.
- Homer Singson – Winston Churchill: If you’re going through hell, keep going.
- Abernathy – Homer Simpson died but St. Peter won’t let him into Heaven until he does one good deed. He asked Marge for suggestions, so she made him a list. Homer said: “Gee, I just want in, I’m not running for Jesus!”
- Specialist – Making love to the one you love, that’s heaven. Your wife finding out about it, that’s hell.
- SC – Daughter: “Ma, gusto daw malaman ng boyfriend ko ang kaibahan ng langit at impyerno.” Mom: “Eh di pakasalan mo! Ikaw ang bahala sa langit, ako ang bahala sa impyerno!”
- RCnCess – Kung ang pupunta ng langit puro pangit, paano na ako? At kung ang pupunta ng langit puro guwapo, paano na kayo?
- Makatang Duling – Hell is a creation of the mind; Heaven is a creation of the heart.