Ever since I bought my iPod Touch, I’ve been a zombie, mindlessly downloading applications from iTunes. It’s relatively cheap, with most at 99 cents each, which makes it roughly 50 pesos? Not bad. I haven’t scratched the surface yet, I’m sure, but so far, these are my faves:
1. Plants vs Zombies – No brainer, this game even got a post of its own. I just love the strategy aspect of it, and the fact that once you plant the plants, you don’t have to do any more shooting. And I just love the wickedly funny humor of the game, such as zombies leaving you notes.
2. Bejeweled 2 – An old favorite, from way back my Palm Pilot days. I never get tired of it. This new incarnation has snazzy graphics, with some wormhole effects after each successful level. I can just do this for hours.
3. Luxor – Of all the games I used to play before (I used to play this on my DSi), this one is probably the most improved on the Touch. I really love playing the Touch version of this. Before, I couldn’t go beyond the easy levels, but with the touch technology, I’m kicking some scarab ass.
4. Text Twist 2 – Of course, how can any list be without my old favorite? I kinda like the old version, the Palm Pilot version, but it’s still my sentimental favorite so it makes the list. It’s a little more frantic, less relaxed, but it’s all good.
5. Flight Control – An addicting strategy game, you try to land multiple planes and choppers without having them crash into each other. I love how it panics you when you have so many aircrafts heading for each at the same time. It’s a nice kind of stress.
6. iBonsai – My favorite useless app. Together with Koi Pond and Wa Kingyo, this app relaxes me before I go to sleep. Some days I tire myself to sleep by playing a stressful game, but some nights I want to be lulled by watching bonsai paintings slowly unfolding with sparse Japanese music accompanying it. Beautiful and serene.
7. The Moron Test – So much fun! This is the only application that I can watch while others play, and still have so much fun. It’s not an all-out IQ kind of brain teaser test, it tests more of your common sense. Prepare to get noisy with this one! It’s a party type of app.
8. WeeMee – This is another fun app, where you create a mini version of you, which you can use as your avatar for Facebook or Twitter. I like it because there are so many choices to choose from that the chances of coming up with exactly the same avatar as somebody else is pretty slim. And you end up much cuter than you really are.
9. Parachute Ninja – I like it because it’s so unique. I haven’t played anything quite like it, with you throwing the ninja in slingshot type thingies. It takes a bit before you get the hang of it, but it’s loads of fun. And the graphics rock.
10. Bookworm – This is the one game I really spend the most time playing. For me, there’s no such thing as a quick game. I’ve breached the 500,000 mark so I’m hooked. I can’t wait to break my own personal best. The last game I played, took so long that people had to peel me off the bed to eat dinner.
What about you guys? I’d love to hear from you. What other application have I missed? I’m sure there are tons of apps I haven’t discovered yet. I’m a self-confessed app slut. I’d buy an application with the slightest provocation. Just tell me it’s fun, and it’s a done deal. I’d love to try out some of your favorites. I’m so addicted to the applications, even the non-games like the photo or the reference apps. I even bought iDogPedia and iCatPedia so I’ll have the different breeds at the tips of my fingers. It was so hard whittling it down to 10, but this is just for the first month I’ve been twiddling with my Touch.