I was never into sports as a kid. But I could always swim like a fish. However awkward I was on land, I was confident in the water. It’s so sad that I discovered the joys of sports at an age when my body parts started to decide on retirement. I got into wakeboarding, wall-climbing, underwater hockey, badminton…but too little, too late. I was never known for moderation, so whatever sports I got into, I pushed my body too hard, and I always ended up injured in one way or another. Sigh.
August 8, 2008 → The Top Ten Sports Quotes
- No name – Andre Agassi: “I think we can either find excuses in life or we can find inspirations. I’ve always tried to find inspirations.”
- Kobe Kong/Bottom Dweller/Biboy Blue – Michael Jordan: “There’s no ‘i’ in team, but there is in win.”
- Pluralized lightning – “Aim not to defeat; aim to win.”
- Argel – Grant Hill was asked about “His Airness”. He said: “If the word basketball is looked-up in a dictionary, right beside it should be Michael Jordan’s pic.”
- Aries – Jerry West, LA Lakers legend: “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on days that you feel good.”
- Highjumper – Steve Prefontaine: “To do anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”
- Prof. Y – “He who wins the silver, lost the gold.”
- Joey Tribbiani – In the movie Coach Carter, for student athletes: “‘Student’ comes first before ‘Athlete'”.
- Awsom – Allen Ivers0n: “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
- Gerver – Shaquille O’Neal: “I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, and wear Reebok.”
- Purplerose – “The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.”
- Bluish Pink – Gaby Dela Merced: “I’d like to think I’m where I’m at because I’m a good racer, not because I’m a good female racer.”
- ACER – Dick Vertleib talking about basketball: “This is the 2nd most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn’t have any spectators.”
- No name – Steve Nash: ”Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.”
- JD Salinger: When Michael Jordan was about to retire, a reporter asked him what he’ll be doing after working. His reply “I have never worked in my entire life.”
- Bennie – Dan Frisby: “Basketball is like photography, if you don’t focus, all you have is the negative.”
- Putungtung’s dad – “No blood, no foul.”
- Kebong – Tim Duncan: “You can’t feel the pleasure of the treasure without pressure.”
- Junus – Highschool coach: “Para kayong bulb*l! Kung saan-saan nagpupunta!
- Mr. Perk – Quotes from the greatest warriors – Julius Caesar: “I came. I saw. I conquered.” Manny Pacquiao: “I will fight iniwan. Iniwer. Initaym.
Some of these are new, some not so new, some old, some VERY old, but I’ve been enjoying these videos the past couple of weeks. Just like to share…
1) This one is sooo funny! I swear, I couldn’t stop laughing, especially at “Lourdes”! I was ROFLAN (rolling on the floor laughing and naked). 😀
Madonna And Child
2) This is a couple of months old, but I still get a kick out of it. Not just the humor, but I’d actually put that song on my ipod! It’s a wicked Pet Shop Boys dance knock-off!
Jizz In My Pants
3) This was sent in as an entry to a Top Ten a couple of days ago. Apparently it’s an ad for Mercedes Benz. Awesome copy!
4) This is old. The song was released way back in 2006, but I still can’t over how GOOD the video is. Even after 2 years, it still kicks ass compared to many of the music videos today. They won a Grammy for this video. One of my all-time favorite videos. EVER. Plus, the song rocks.
Here It Goes Again – OK Go
5) The next 2 videos are TV news bloopers. The first one is really old, but it still cracks me up every time. The 2nd one I just came across while rummaging around for videos. Funny!
A euphemism is defined as: “the substitution of a mild, indirect, or vague expression for one thought to be offensive, harsh, or blunt.” Propriety dictates not so much propagating lies, but to gild less appetizing truths. You don’t avoid the punches, you just soften the blow. So in effect, you say, “malaki ang hinaharap”, instead of, “mala-papayang dede”. Or something like that.
August 7, 2008 → The Top Ten Euphemisms
- Caloy 311 – In our barkada, the term we use for girls who are hot, flirty and bitchy, is “subterranean”. It’s a euphemism for “sarap tirahin yan”.
- Dyn – We had a prof in college who we called Pocahontas because she looks like a pokpok.
- Astroboy – Percussive maintenance – the art of whacking an electronic device for it to work again.
- JoeCool – He’s not losing hair, he’s gaining face!
- Peo – Tagalog euphemism for panty its “salung-guhit”.
- Astroboy – I’m not unemployed…I’m a job seeker!
- DatgurL/Justin – When you’re called “BUTTERFACE”, it’s n0t a compliment. It’s short for – “Everything’s pretty BUT HER FACE.”
- Daisy6 – During college, there were 2 girls we used call “wacky”, because their eyebrows were tattoos, they don’t have kilay. That’s why it’s “wacky” = “walang kilay”.
- tyroncaliente – We call someone wearing tight pants, “boy piso”. Sa sikip ng pantalon, pati bigote ni rizal sa pisong nasa bulsa, nakabakat.
- Astroboy – “Taong uy-ay”: Pag nakatalikod, “Uy!” Pag humarap, “Ay…”
- No name – “PPPP” means, papalapit ng papalapit, papanget ng papanget.
- Elanor – In Clueless, Cher said, “She’s a Monet. From far away it’s okay, but up close it’s a big old mess.”
- John 090 – When someone asks about work, tell them, “Ayun, CEO pa din sa company namin.” CEO: Common Employee Only.
- Mike Apol – We call ugly spinsters SAMSUNG: SAMa ng mukha, SUNGit pa!
- No name – I used to call somebody PITA – Pain In The Ass.
- Jose de vengenge – “Jackpot” – Pinay na may boyfriend na foreigner.
- Dru – People with bad breath: “Foot In Mouth”.
- Espeks/Kebong – Hindi siya janitor, sanitary engineer siya.
- angpaghihimagsiknijoeshred – Every morning he woke up “pleasuring the pickle”.
- scrambledegg – Sa Pinas, ang “straight acting”, “straight curious”, “straight tripper”, at “swinger”, isa lang ang ibig sabhin: “bakla”.
- BertongTigaz – I call girls with very small boobs: “walanjo”, medium sized: “mejo”, big boobs: “mountain jo”.
I’m so excited because I’m in the latest issue (January 2009) of one of the local magazines I read regularly, Animal Scene! This is actually the 3rd time I came out in this publication, but this is the first article on me and my pets. The first time was an articles on DJs in general, and they featured me and another RX jock, Rico Robles. But at the time, I still had my late Labrador, Tyro, and my late Dalmatian, Maria. The second time was when we joined a cat show and I had a couple of pics with my cats.
So when one of their writers, Nathaniel T. Dela Cruz got in touch with me last December, I was thrilled at the idea. Not so much for me, but I was feeling like a stage parent, excited at the prospect of seeing my babies’ photos in a magazine! So I’ve been stalking the magazine stands for the past weeks, waiting for the January issue to arrive, sheepishly asking the manang magazine sellers if they’d let me sneak a peek at the unopened mags, and finally, voila! The issue came out and I saw the 2-page article. I found it so cute that it’s the new batch of babies who were featured, mostly Cairo (Hehehe…my favorite, but don’t tell the others), and some of the cats. I’m not just saying it because I was featured, but Animal Scene, together with Yummy, are the only 2 local magazines that I read religiously. So I really had a hoot being featured there.
So again, thanks to Nathaniel for featuring us, my pets send their approving woofs and meows for a cool article!
We were just talking about how 2008 was a rough year at least for the people we know. It seemed to be all around. When it cam to relationships, career, health, etc. So after a while we start waxing philosophical on how elusive happiness seems to be for most, while it comes so naturally to others. So here’s your version of dissecting this topic.
August 5, 2008 → The Top Ten Signs That You Are Truly Happy Or Truly Sad – Nathalie
- Datgurl – You’re truly sad if you’re disappointed every time you wake up, because you’re reminded that you’re still alive.
- No name – You’re truly happy if you literally cannot ask for anything more, even if you tried.
- No name – You’re truly sad if you think that having so many designer bags is the measure of happiness, so you keep buying a lot.
- Gorgeous Bitch – You’re truly sad if you actually believe that you were destined to be miserable.
- Aubrey_04 – You’re truly sad if, every time you see a cliff, your first impulse is to jump.
- Leyann 94 – You’re truly sad, when your dream of being a real life Cinderella by marrying who you thought was a real life prince, ended in a bitter annulment.
- Choi – You’re truly sad if, you’re on top of a building, deciding whether to jump or not, and when you ask for a sign to help you decide, you see a huge Nike billboard saying, “Just Do It.”
- Jarvis – You’re truly happy if you choose to see what you have, rather that looking for things that are not there.
- Slither Dude – You’re truly sad if the closest you’ll ever be to experiencing the joys of being a parent is holding another person’s child.
- Morenang Kaligatan – You’re truly sad if the only person who can make you happy, is the same one who hurts you over and over again.
- Tani – You’re truly happy if you wake up feeling happy without even knowing WHY.
- Geyp – You’re truly happy if you’re alone yet you dont feel lonely or incomplete.
- Lea – You’re truly sad if you burst out crying while listening to “Dancing Queen”.
- Brendz – You’re truly happy if you know how to forgive.
- Astroboy – You’re truly sad kapag ang theme song mo ay, “Makulay ang buhay, sa sumakabilang buhay…”
- Kabodskie – You’re truly sad if friends call you when they’re depressed for comfort, yet in the course of the conversation, they end up consoling you instead.
- Alexius – You’re truly sad if your house is no longer a home.
- Aaron – You’re truly sad if there’s a bitter aftertaste in your mouth after you laugh.
- Raymond – You’re truly happy if you’re perfectly content with the simply joys of life, like family, and more material possessions don’t add to this joy one bit.
- TReiz – You’re truly sad if even if you’re smiling, your eyes are dead.
- Frederique – You’re truly sad if you get a layered bob haircut dyed jet black, the shape and color of my poor heart!
- No name – You’re truly happy if you heart and mind agree.
- Mr. Perk – You’re truly happy if you see happiness in others, it makes you puke and all you want is to ruin it for them.
- Mr. Perk – You’re truly happy if your joy is
contagious. Just being around you makes other people happy
- Gorgeous Bitch – You’re truly sad if, every time people ask you, “Are you okay?”, your standard sarcastic answer is, “Sa tingin mo, mukha ba kong okay?”
- Windsurfer – You’re truly happy if feeling mo, anytime, pwede ka nang kunin ni Lord.
- Katness – You’re truly sad if you have everything, yet you feel like you have nothing.
Sorry if it’s overkill, but we’ve been running around like headless chickens for the past few days, and as I write this, we’re just waiting for 10pm, when Shangri-la Mall closes, so we can start the ingress for the exhibit. We’ll be so NOT sleeping tonight since we’ll be setting everything up by ourselves, since we didn’t really hire anyone to do this for us, so we’re bracing for a really rough night ahead of us. Hopefully we still look decent by tomorrow. I hope we get some semblance of sleep as well, especially since I have work at 6am tomorrow! But wait, there’s more! After the exhibit, Delle and I need to rush to Tagaytay for a wedding hosting! Wow, this weekend will be FULLY PACKED. I can just imagine my Sunday: quasi-comatose slumber. But I’m not really complaining. I actually feel so blessed that we get to do this wonderful exhibit. This was just a distant dream when we started learning basic photography. Who would’ve thought we’d actually go ahead and do it? Pardon the drama, but it’s really a milestone for us four, Greg, Lennie, Fritzie, and I.
We’ll try to be at the venues for the duration of the 2 exhibits. As much as we can, as long as we have any free time, the 4 photographers will try to be there to welcome any visitors to the exhibit. Wala lang, just to answer some questions, maybe to chat about the photos, and just meeting whoever wanders into our little corner in the mall. Hope you can catch us when all 4 are there so you can talk to us about any of the pics.
The evening of January 24 will also be a doozy when we dismantle the Shangri-la exhibit and re-assemble it in The Podium Mall, on the same night! But that’s another story for another time. I better get some sleep, even just an hour, before I get ready to leave for Shangri-la. What a ride, folks, what a ride! Hope to see you there!
There are subtle differences (some not-so-subtle) between a flirt, a floozy and a prostitute (not that I would know!), very much like there are differences between a nerd, a geek, and a dork. Just in case you don’t know what they are, we decided to help you guys out. Come to think of it, I’m surprised no one sent guy entries since there are male flirts, male floozies, and male prostitutes.
August 4, 2008 → The Top Ten Difference Between: A Flirt, A Floozy, And A “Pro” – Marc
- Alfie – A flirt nibbles, a floozy sucks, a pro swallows.
- Kabodskie – A flirt drains you emotionally, a floozy drains you physically, a pro drains you financially.
- Dru – Ang undies ng flirt: pang-akit, ang undies ng floozy: formality, ang undies ng pro: official receipt!
- TReiz – Product slogans: Flirt = “Juicylicious.” Floozy = “Baby, are we GOOD?” Pro = “Pa-cheeseburger ka naman! Burger! Burger! Burger!”
- Annabelle – I used to be a flirt. I liked it so much, that I turned into a floozy. I did it so often, I figured I might as well earn off of it.
- Dru – A flirt will kiss your lips, a floozy will nibble your lips, a pro will bite whatever you can afford.
- No name – Flirt = You can look, but no touch. Floozy = Parang palengkeng bukas sa lahat ng gustong kumain. Pro = Pay when get off.
- Doc Alvin – Leave money on the TV, then go to the toilet. The flirt won’t take the money, the floozy will take the money for cab fare, the pro will ask for a tip.
- KiD BuKid – Parang ganito yun e, pag kumatok ka sa pinto, ang flirt, pasisilipin ka sa pinto, pero bawal pumasok.Yung floozy, puwede kang pumasok sa pinto. At ang pro naman, puwede kang pumasok kahit sa backdoor pa niya!
- Your Highness – Flirts are like golf holes, Floozies are like basketball hoops, and Pros are like soccer goals!
- Kabodskie – A Flirt leaves you with empty feelings. A Floozy leaves you with empty testicles. A Pro leaves you with an empty wallet.