Woot-woo! The 100th Top Ten post!
August 1, 2008 → The Top Ten Social Climbing Moments Or Quotes – Dru
- Hannah – I know of a group of girls at our office who would eat at Jollibee first before a gimik in Malate. Mahal daw kasi ang food sa mga bars.
- Astroboy – Madalas nakakasabay ako ng mga taga-“kol senner” agents sa elevator, english nang english. One time I heard one say, “we’re gr0und.” Akala ko nakuryente, yun pala ibig niyang sabihin, “nasa ground floor na tayo.”
- Riverbanks – Me and my friends were talking about the new Adidas Pilipinas jacket and a newly introduced friend pers0n interrupted, “Ah, parang yung jacket ko na Abercr0mbie & Peaches!”
- Darney – A friend was asked what foreign languange she spoke, and she said, “French, Italian and GENOVIAN!” Hello, Princess Diaries!
- Madstick – I am a member of another online forum. We have this other member who said she was leaving for the US. So when she allegedly left and was online, my friend who was a moderator got curious about where she really was and checked her IP address. The result was the IP address belonging to: SMART BRO 😀
- No name – When we were in high school, I had a girl classmate who once told us that her family bought igorots and made them their alila.
- Dru – In high school, a classmate bragged that she is personally acquainted with New Kids on the Block, claiming they went to their house to avoid the press!
- Northeast – During the interment of our uncle, my cousin who was saying as she was crying, “Papa! Papa!” for everyone to hear. Lahat kaming umiiyak, muntik ng matawa sa gitna ng libing kasi we all know that my cousin calls her father “Itay”.
- Blair – A friend suggested we hang out at Embassy. Our social climber friend, in her fake sosy accent said, “Sure! Why not? Which country? Puwede pala tumambay sa mga embassy?”
- Rich – A social climber bragged that she just got back from Europe. When asked where in Europe, she answered, “Sa ano…sa city mismo!”
- Ynaki – When the flight stewardess of SwissAir asked this pa-sosyal seatmate of mine what he wanted to drink after I ordered a bourbon on the rocks, he, with a matching fake English accent, told her “J&B on the rocks…no ice, please!”
- No name – I overheard this at the Asian Hospital just this week. Doctor: “Prior to your minor operation, I have to apply local anesthesia, ok?” Patient: “Mas guso doc kung imported. Kaya ko namang bayaran eh.”