Summer is all about vacations and holidays and having fun! And what is a summer romp without pictures as proof? We are giving away a Canon Powershot A480 to the person who can give us the BEST summer photograph with “Monster Radio RX 93.1″ or “The Morning Rush” (or both!) included somewhere in the picture. The best or most creative, or most impressive, or funniest, or most dramatic, or strangest photo wins. We will give you 2 weekends to prepare for this, this weekend and next weekend, and by Monday, March 29, 2010, we’ll announce who wins the camera! Email all of your photos to email@example.com.
1. The photo must be summer-themed — meaning it has to have summer elements in it: like the setting (like the beach or Baguio or a swimming pool), the outfits (like people in bikinis or board shorts or Hawaiian shirts), the story (like everyone in an office wearing beach clothes but are stuck in the city) — anything as long as it has summer as it’s theme. Challenge your creativity.
2. It may or may not include you (that’s up to you), it may or may not include people (it can be a summer landscape kind of photo), it may or may not include animals (maybe your dog in a bikini), or it can have as many people as you can fit in one frame (you can take a picture of hundreds of people on the beach from a chopper, for instance). Again, use your creativity.
3. It has to have “Monster Radio RX 93.1″ or “The Morning Rush” anywhere in the picture. We want to make sure it’s not some old photo you have from a previous vacation. We want this to be a photo project, so we want a fresh photo that you’ll take specifically for this challenge. So find a way to incorporate either of the two (or both would even be better) somewhere in the picture. Maybe the Monster sticker would be somewhere in the picture, or a man with a picket sign that says “The Morning Rush” somewhere in the background, or you can make like a spoof of a summer movie poster. Again, creativity will be the key.
4. Keep the photo in the Philippines please. Sorry to our friends abroad, but we wanted a Philippine summer theme.
5. No age limit. If an 8-year-old kid or a 90-year-old grandma takes a really nice snapshot, why not?
6. You can use any type of camera, whether it’s a point and shoot, a fancy hi-tech DSLR, or even a lomo camera, would be fine. We would also allow photo editing like photoshop, but it will still depend on your execution. Just because it’s photoshopped doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better. If done well then it’ll work, but if done badly then it’ll be worse than an unedited one.
7. You can send in as many entries as you want per person. You can send us different photos attacking the theme from different angles. In the end, it’s as much an exercise in creativity as it is an exercise in photography skills. Even if you’re not really into taking pictures, give it a try! Who knows a simple picture might end up appealing to us (or a really fancy hi-tech one, for that matter).
8. Send all your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of course our decision will be final. We will all have our own picks, but Delamar and I will promise to be as unbiased as humanly possible, taking everything into consideration when choosing the winner. So, let’s have fun with this, and start sending us your photos!
(The Canon PowerShot A480 digital compact camera, is 25% smaller than its predecessor, and includes a new simplified button layout for ease of use. This well-reviewed entry-level compact houses a 10.0 Megapixel sensor, 2.5″ LCD, Canon’s DIGIC III processor and includes features such as Motion detection and Face Detection.)